Tuesday, September 29, 2009

First Official Learning Class

August 26, 2009

Instead of playing a bunch of games in the drama pit, we studied physical communication. We watched a few funny videos with characters only communicating physically, and we discussed some questions. To end the class, we played "Slow-motion Assassin". I enjoyed both parts of the class, because I like participating during class and coming up with strategies in many situations. Although this class was less eventful, I preferred this lesson to the other ones. This lesson was considered my favorite over all the others in this subject!

5 comments:

  1. What types of things did you learn from this lesson?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mr. Smeed,

    I learned that in silent films, some actions have to be overly exaggerated to spread a message. It also taught me that emotions could be expressed more strongly when it is shown in all the actions of the body and not just the facial features.

    -Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? you liked this class the most? my favourite classes were the first two

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked that class as well, but it was not my favorite. Although I did like the Charlie Chaplin movie; I think it was also my first time playing Slow motion assassin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    Stanley, I found the first two classes quite fun too.

    You're right, Carson, and it was much better the first time we did it!

    -Veronica

    ReplyDelete