Monday, November 2, 2009
Commedia dell' Arte Play
This week, we needed to work with scripts. At first, I was surprised, since I thought, wasn't Commedia dell' Arte all about improvisation and no scripts? But, it was more exciting than I'd thought. My partner and I had a wonderful time improvising and using our imagination to make our skit as humorous as possible. We also had to do a PowerPoint on words that were probably not understood. Through this process, I'm actually learning a few words myself. Both classes were spent doing this, except on the second class, we practiced acting skill of Commedia. I loved to play with the status of characters, and, surprisingly enough, I found myself liking to play the servant more than being the master. It was probably because there are more types of servants than masters, and therefore it is easier to improvise while being entertaining simultaneously. This was a really enjoyable week. If only more time was spent on acting exercises!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am not a huge fan of the scripts because it wasn't so easy for us to find words to use in our powerpoint. We also did not have many actions so we asked if we were allowed to add some and, we were so, we have more actions but our script is a little hard to follow (in my opinion).
ReplyDeleteI loved this week. It was awesome! But then remember, this isn't really related Commedia. Well, okay, this is, a bit, but then not entirely. It's more like a script explaining Commedia than a script for it. I also had an awesome time doing the skit, it was so fun! :D
ReplyDeleteWell, we can't always have the exercises, right? We still have to do the projects, which I find equally as fun! :)
I like scripts, I find it very hard to come up with words on the spot. I agree with you, being the servant is more fun than being the master.
ReplyDeleteTrue, Monica. The level of improvisation would increase if there weren't any scripts at all. Yes, Valerie, you're right. It isn't completely related to Commedia, but it's at least leading us into it. Carson, by the time we're halfway through Commedia, I have a feeling you'd like to express yourself without words on paper.
ReplyDelete