Tuesday's class was a mix of the Zen Zen Zo workshop and the type of classes we had at the beginning of the year. We did many activities to improve our control over body energy and movement in different postures. During the end of class, my group members and I all ended up having different small ideas in our main plot, and the skit was a total mess. Then, on Thursday, we learned a bit more about Commedia characters in order to choose the one we'd like to act out. I was lucky to have my first choice, Tartaglia, or the stutterer.
I had actually underestimated many parts of Commedia, such as the character Tartaglia and improvisation. It was hard to improvise with others, since we are unpredictable even to the rest of our troupe. Also, just by stuttering too much, I suddenly started coughing. And to think that rehearsing for this character would be easy...
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our skit wasn't a mess! It was mostly improvisation so I think we did a great job. Everyone knew what body part we were using so that was a good sign! :D
ReplyDeleteI think it was great that we finally went back into the drama pit, and that we finally got our commedia characters. Tartaglia was my third choice, I got my second choice: Pantalone.
ReplyDeleteI thought it was awesome that we got to go back into the drama pit and do more activities, and I was lucky to get pulcinella, which was my 2nd choice.
ReplyDelete