This week was focused on our individual Commedia characters. I was really lucky to have my first choice (Tartaglia) and to naturally get into character. I enjoyed acting with the mask on, because it really helped me understand the character's personality. It was also fun to interact with other characters, so I would get used to being around them.
On Wednesday, everything was pretty much the same, except we had scenarios to work with. I enjoyed it, since I was able to improvise easily and not worry about "forgetting lines".
We had to perform on Friday. At first, I was reluctant to perform, but being second really helped. I think that it really helps to go first or second, since the nervous feeling quickly fades away. The strangest part was that my performance was a lot more amusing than I thought it would be! I guess it teaches me not to underestimate my abilities.
Monday, November 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your performance was very entertaining. I think you did a really good job at portraying your character! :D I think that a lot of people improvised on the spot. Well actually, that was what we were supposed to do, but... yeah. I think just like you, everyone was really nervous. I think everyone did a better job than they thought they would have done. :)
ReplyDeleteYour performance on Friday was one of the best in the class! It was really long, but you managed to keep it interesting throughout the whole thing, which was really great!
ReplyDeleteIt looked to me like you had your lines memorised and knew exactly what you were doing. I think you probably got one of the best marks in the class.
ReplyDelete